Chad C. Hastings
Chad Hastings represents plaintiffs in personal injury matters. He joined the firm in 2007 and has brought his commitment, experience and passion for helping victims of negligence. Since joining the firm, Chad has been inducted in to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a national forum for attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlement. Recently, Chad has also been recognized by Florida Super Lawyers in Rising Stars of Florida.
Before joining the firm, Chad worked at a North Miami Beach firm where he developed the firm’s personal injury department from 2003 to 2007. While working in North Miami Beach, Chad had significant jury trial experience, handled many bench trials and argued cases before the First District Court of Appeal.
Chad was an associate with attorney for years at Gary, Williams, Parenti, Finney, McManus, Watson & Sperando. During his time at Gary, Williams, et. al., Chad represented plaintiffs in personal injury and commercial litigation cases. Chad had significant jury trial exposure and actively participated in securing significant settlements, punitive damage claims and jury awards for plaintiffs.
Chad was born in Teaneck, New Jersey and was raised in Port St. Lucie, Florida, and graduated from Port St. Lucie High School. Chad attended the University of Central Florida, where he received his B.S. in Finance in 1997. While at U.C.F., Chad was actively involved in Student Government as the Comptroller, his fraternity Alpha Tau Omega as the Treasurer, and with Habitat for Humanity. Chad attended law school at the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University where he earned his J.D. in 2001.
Chad is proud to have dedicated his career to helping injured victims of negligence. Today, Chad continues to work hard for his clients and gives back to the community by taking leadership roles in the Martin County Bar Association, Whole Child Connection and the Martin County United Way.
- Personal Injury, Motor Vehicle Negligence, Premises Liability.
- "AV" rated by Martindale-Hubbell. (This independent rating, determined by other lawyers and judges, is the highest possible for both legal ability and general ethical standards. The Martindale Directory was first published in 1868).
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers magazine,2012-2013.
- Florida Rising Stars, featured in Florida Super Lawyers magazine as an outstanding young lawyer in the state, 2010.
- LEADERship Martin County, 2009-2010.
- United Way of Martin County “2011-2012 Employee Pillar of Character” Award.
- The Martin County Bar Association, Secretary, 2012-current; Chairman, Trial Lawyers Committee, 2009-2010; Co-Chairman, Social Committee, 2010-2011.
- Justice Major B. Harding, Inn of Court 2007-current.
- Palm Beach County Justice Association.
- Florida Justice Association.
- Treasure Coast Justice Association, President, 2010.
- The Florida Bar, 2002.
- The Georgia Bar, 2001.
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2009.
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2009.
- Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University, J.D., 2001.
- University of Central Florida, B.S., Finance, 1997.
Representative Seminars Presented:
- Building Your Civil Trial Skills, presenter for How to Avoid Common Ethical Pitfalls, National Business Institute.
- United Way of Martin County, Board Member, 2010 - present, Fundraising Cabinet Member, 2007 - present.
- Justice Major B. Harding American Inn of Court, Martin County, 2007 - present.
- Whole Child Connection of Martin County, Board Member, 2008 - present.
- Martin County Bar Association, Secretary, 2012-2013; Co-Chairman of Social Committee, 2010; Chairman of Trial Lawyers Committee, 2009 - present.