Alicia M. Zweig
Alicia M. Zweig was raised in Parkland, Florida and attended Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School where she was the President of the Key Club for two years. After graduation, Alicia attended Boston University where she graduated Magna Cum Laude in three years with a B.S. in Journalism with a Minor in English Literature. While at Boston University, Alicia served as the General Manager of the student run radio station (WTBU), where she was a Promotions Director and on-air DJ. Alicia also completed editorial internships at both Boca Raton Magazine and Boston Magazine.
Alicia earned her Juris Doctorate from Nova Southeastern University’s Shepard Broad Law Center. While attending law school, she was the Lead Articles Editor for the ILSA Journal of International & Comparative Law, worked as a research assistant for two Nova law school professors in the areas of legal research and writing, family law and evidence. She interned for the Florida Office of the Attorney General in the Fort Lauderdale Office of Statewide Prosecution and clerked for the Honorable Ronald J. Rothschild in the 17th Judicial Circuit Court of Florida. Alicia worked as a legal intern for Broad and Cassel, as well as Douberley & Cicero, staff counsel for Chubb & Sons Insurance Company in Sunrise, Florida. She was also a legal research intern for the Legal Aid Society of Broward County’s Affordable Housing Advocacy Project.
Alicia was formerly an associate attorney at Kubicki Draper, P.A. from 2013 to 2016 practicing commercial litigation. In 2015, Alicia completed a leadership program with the Anti-Defamation League Glass Leadership Institute and attended the annual Anti-Defamation League National Leadership Summit in D.C.
Alicia is Co-Founder, Vice President, and Secretary of The Jacob S. Zweig Foundation, Inc. d/b/a In Jacob’s Shoes, a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization formed in loving memory of her brother Jacob S. Zweig to continue his legacy of helping others. In Jacob’s Shoes provides new and gently used shoes, athletic equipment and school supplies to thousands of children in need throughout South Florida.
Alicia resides in Boca Raton and has a passion for the arts. She enjoys attending local concerts, craft & art exhibits and cultural events at local venues—her favorite of such being the Morikami Museum & Japanese Gardens in Boca Raton, the Flagler Arts & Technology District in Fort Lauderdale, the Wynwood Arts District and the Olympia Theater in Miami.
- 2013, State of Florida
- 2015, State of New York, Third Judicial Department
- 2014, District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- 2013, State of New Jersey
- 2013, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center—Davie, Florida (J.D., 2012)
- Shepard Broad Law Center Pro Bono Honor Program Silver Level (125-299 hours)
- Dean’s List: Fall 2009, Fall 2010 and Spring 2012
- Boston University—Boston, Massachusetts (B.S. in Print Journalism and Minor in English Literature, magna cum laude, 2008)
- Dean’s List
- The Jacob S. Zweig Foundation, Inc. d/b/a In Jacob’s Shoes (Co-Founder, Vice President and Secretary)
- Anti-Defamation League
- Parkland Historical Society
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- The Florida Bar, admitted 2013, member of Young Lawyers Division
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Class of 2015, Anti-Defamation League Glass Leadership Institute
- Personal Injury, Motor Vehicle Negligence, Premises Liability.