Joseph B. Landy
Joseph “Joe” Landy was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1967. Joe attended the University of Pittsburgh and graduated with a dual degree in economics and business. After taking the LSAT and scoring in the top 1% of the country, he attended The Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. Immediately following graduation, Joe took, and passed, the Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, and multi-state Bar examinations in a single week, followed by the Florida Bar examination months later. After relocating to Florida, Joe began representing insurance companies and large corporations. Joe became a shareholder in a state wide insurance defense firm. After trying a large volume of cases on behalf of insurance companies, Joe became disillusioned with defending the powerful and strongly desired to use his skills to protect victims of negligence.
Joe joined Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith as a shareholder on October 1, 2001. His practice is limited to representing individuals who have suffered personal injuries or wrongful death, including nursing home negligence, medical malpractice, catastrophic injuries, product liability, consumer class actions, and motor vehicle accident litigation. Since joining Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith, Joe has used his extensive trial and litigation experience solely to benefit the injured and their families.
- Board Certified and Re-Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Florida Bar.
- Board Certified and Re-Certified in Civil Trial Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
- The Best Lawyers in America; listed in the specialty of personal injury litigation. (This publication “is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.” An exhaustive, confidential survey of the top lawyers in the U.S. determines who is included).
- The Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiffs Lawyers in America. The Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiffs Lawyers in America. (Compiled by asking the nation’s best lawyers and their clients whom they would trust with their own legal matters).
- American Board of Trial Advocates; Palm Beach Chapter. (ABOTA is an invitation only group of experienced trial lawyers “who display skill, civility, and integrity”).
- The National Trial Lawyers; listed as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer. (The National Trial Lawyers is a professional organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from across the country who exemplify superior qualifications as civil plaintiff or criminal defense trial lawyers).
- Florida Super Lawyers; personal injury law. (Ballots are sent to experienced lawyers, who are asked “to nominate the best lawyers they’ve personally observed in action.” Only 5% of Florida attorneys are selected).
- Florida Legal Elite. (Compiled by Florida Trend magazine by asking members of The Florida Bar to provide “the names of Florida lawyers they hold in the highest regard – lawyers they have worked with personally or would recommend to others”).
- Florida’s Top Lawyers; personal injury law. (This exclusive list is compiled by Florida Monthly magazine based upon independent voting).
- “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell. (This independent rating, determined by other lawyers and judges, is the highest possible for both legal ability and general ethical standards. The Martindale Directory was first published in 1868).
- Daily Business Review– Trial Lawyers Hall of Fame
- American Association for Justice.
- Florida Justice Association.
- Palm Beach County Justice Association (Board of Directors 2004-2006).
- Palm Beach County Bar Association (Personal Injury and Wrongful Death CLE Committee).
- Florida; New York; Pennsylvania (inactive); U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida,
- Middle District of Florida; and U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Autism Speaks, Prior Corporate Chair of Walk Now for Autism Speaks.
- Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, Prior Board Member of the Young Leadership Division.
- Jewish Community Center of the Greater Palm Beaches, Prior Board of Directors.
Personal Biographical Information:
- Born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1967. Married to Ina, 1994.
- Two children: Tyler and Sasha.
- B.A. in Economics and Business, University of Pittsburgh, 1990.
- J.D., Yeshiva University, Cardozo School of Law, 1993, Member Moot Court Board