Lloyd A. Comiter
Lloyd A. Comiter was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and moved to South Florida in 1967, joining the Firm “Of Counsel” in September 2011. Lloyd has more than 25 years experience representing his clients in Florida and brings significant commercial and civil litigation experience and a reputation for giving individualized service, making him a valued member of our team. Lloyd works from our Boca Raton office and will continue to handle all aspects of civil and consumer litigation including pre-suit negotiations, post-judgment collection efforts, commercial and residential landlord/tenant litigation, small claims court, county court and circuit court litigation, as well as contract negotiations throughout South Florida. As a Florida Supreme Court Certified County Court Mediator, Lloyd is available to conduct mediations throughout the State of Florida.
Lloyd currently serves on the Florida Bar Small Claims Rules Committee where he previously served for 6 years and is a former Chair. The scope and function of the Small Claims Rules Committee is to carry out the mandate of Rule 2.140, Florida Rules of Judicial Administration, concerning the proposal of new rules of procedure and changes to existing rules. Additionally, he is serving his fifth term as Chair of the Palm Beach County Bar Association’s Small Claims Court Clinics Committee. The purpose of the Small Claims Court Clinics Committee is to present monthly clinics for the public on small claims court procedures at locations throughout the county. Lloyd has lectured extensively on the topic of small claims court and landlord/tenant and has appeared on public television discussing small claims court and mediation.
Legal Community Involvement:
- The Florida Bar (1991-present): Committee on Judicial Independence (2009 – 2011); Small Claims Rules Committee (2002 – 2008, 2011 – present, Chair 2007 – 2008); Rules of Judicial Administration Committee (2007 – 2008).
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association (2004 – present); Civil Practices Committee (Co-Chair 2011 – 2015).
- Palm Beach County Bar Association (2001 – present); Small Claims Court Clinics Committee (2001 – present, Chair 2007 – present); Judicial Relations Committee (2009 – 2013); Solo and Small Firm Practitioners Committee (2001 – 2002, 2008 – 2009); Lawyers for Literacy Committee (2001 – 2003); Judicial Campaign Practices Commission (2012, 2014, 2016); Professionalism Committee (2014-present); Professionalism Panel (2014 – present)
- Fifteenth Judicial Circuit – Civil Forms Committee (2010 – 2011); Grievance Committee “G” (2003 – 2006, Chair 2005 – 2006); Grievance Committee “C” (2012-2015)
American Bar Association – Section of General Practice, Solo & Small Firms Section, Substantive Judiciary Committee (2001 – 2002).
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County – Reduced Fee Panel (2001 – 2002, 2008 – present).
- Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability- Gifted Program Monitoring by the Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability (2007).
- Florida Supreme Court Certified County Court Mediator.
- Former Palm Beach County Civil Traffic Hearing Officer.
- Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach – Board of Directors 2017-2019
- Palm Beach County Groundwater and Natural Resources Protection Board – Member, 2009 – 2012.
- Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County- Jewish Education Commission, Director, 2009 – 2010.
- B’Nai Torah Congregation – B’Nai Mitzvah Advisory Committee Member, 2007 – 2010.
- Loggers’ Run Community Middle School, School Advisory Council – Member, 2007 – 2009; Business Partner 2008 – 2009.
- Greater Deerfield Beach Chamber of Commerce – Education Committee, 1995.
- American Diabetes Association – Walktoberfest Planning Committee, 1996, 1997.
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America, Inc. – Pace Setter Walk, Pace Setter Walk Committee, 1996, 1997.
- Waters Edge Elementary School, School Advisory Council – Member, 2006 – 2010; School Improvement Plan Committee, 2007.
- Boca Falls Homeowners Association, Inc. – Director 2004 – 2009; Secretary 2007 – 2008.
- West Boca Community Council – Director, 2005.
- B.W. Homeowners’ Association, Inc. – Director, 2007 – 2010.
- Communities in School – Take Stock in Children, Mentor 2001 – 2003.
- Junior Achievement of South Florida, Inc. – Consultant, 2002.
- Leadership Boca 2016
- Leadership Boca 2017 Co-Chair
- The Florida Bar, 1991.
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, General Bar, 1991.
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals, 1991.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 1992.
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2000.
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2004.
- “AV” (5.0 out of 5) rated by Martindale-Hubbell. (This independent rating, determined by other lawyers and judges, is the highest possible for both legal ability and general ethical standards. The Martindale Directory was first published in 1868).
- Nominated by the 15th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission for a County Court judicial seat, 2010 2011, 2012.
- Nominated by the Florida Bar Board of Governors for a vacancy on the Florida Bar Board of Bar Examiners, 2011.
- Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Married, 1994.
- Three children
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Boston University, 1987.
- J.D., St. Thomas University School of Law, 1990.