Bike Accidents in the Age of COVID
In the age of COVID 19, cycling has become a social distancing sport of choice. People are purchasing bicycles more than ever and bike shops are having trouble keeping up with the demand. Many new cyclists have hit the streets and unfortunately, we are seeing a rise in cycling accidents.
Our firm handles all kinds of accidents and injury cases including bicycle accidents. Firm attorney, Charles Geary (“Chuck”) is a lifelong cyclist who has personally seen his share of accidents and has even been in a few cycling accidents himself.
Chuck has the following tips for fellow cyclists who become involved in a bicycle accident:
- Call 911 and get help for all injured people
- Gather all the information you can and write it down at the scene of the accident
- Take pictures of the entire accident scene including all injuries, all vehicles, and all bicycles
- Take pictures of relevant street signs and skid marks
- Draw a diagram of the accident scene
- Get names and contact information for all witnesses
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone except the police officer
- Do not take any blame or fault
- Do not post about your accident on social media
- Preserve all evidence, including the bicycle and helmet and clothing
- Call our office immediately for a free consultation
It is important to call us as soon as possible because we can assist you with preserving your rights and with preserving the evidence for your case. Lesser Lesser Landy & Smith, PLLC can employ private investigators who will quickly and thoroughly investigate the scene and interview witnesses on your behalf. They can take pictures of any skid marks and all vehicles involved. It is crucial to do these things immediately after the accident. You will not be charged these costs unless and until we recover compensation for you.
Remember that it is a good idea to always wear personal identification and medical information (on your person) so that you can be identified and cared for in the event you are injured while riding solo.
The firm of Lesser Lesser Landy and Smith, PLLC has over 93 years of experience in handling accident cases. Feel Free to call any time (at no cost) to discuss your cycling accident with Chuck at 772-283-6839. We take phone calls “24/7”.