Lesser, Lesser, Landy and Smith is proud to have a long tradition of community involvement. Over our nearly 100 years in business, we have and will always support numerous non-profit and community organizations. We are also proud that many of our lawyers sit on these local community organization boards of directors. It’s important that we give back to our community as much as our community has given to us in trust. Listed below are just a few organizations the Firm is currently supporting. Please feel free to reach out to them, or the Firm directly, with any questions you may have regarding these fine organizations. We also enjoy posting information about the organizations and events we are involved with on our social media pages, so please feel free to explore those avenues as well.
Florida Atlantic University
Florida Atlantic University (FAU) opened its doors in 1964, becoming the stzate’s fifth public university. With an annual economic impact of $6.3 billion, FAU is serving a record-high student body of 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students at sites throughout its six-county service region in Southeast Florida. Campuses are located in Davie, Dania Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Jupiter, and Fort Pierce.
FAU offers more than 180 degree programs in fields that span the arts and humanities, the sciences, medicine, nursing, accounting, business, education, public administration, social work, architecture, engineering, computer science, and more. FAU is ranked as a High Research Activity institution by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The university recently entered into an agreement with internationally known research giants Scripps Florida and the Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience to launch cooperative programs that will offer unique educational opportunities to FAU students while fueling the growth of the knowledge economy in Florida.
State-of-the-art student housing is offered on the Boca Raton and Jupiter campuses. FAU fields 21 intercollegiate teams, including an NCAA Division I football team that hosts home games in FAU Stadium on the Boca Raton campus. Students enjoy the full college experience, complete with year-round academic, social and athletic events. More than 300 campus clubs and organizations invite student membership, including fraternities, sororities, special interest and pre-professional groups. It’s a great time to be an FAU Owl! For more information, go to: www.fau.edu.
United Way of Martin County
United Way of Martin County’s mission is to lift the community and change lives together through the collective power of fundraising, volunteerism, advocacy and character-building. Since 1972, United Way has been working to create long-term social change and provide support to Martin County residents by investing in programs that strive to: end hunger, strengthen families, enhance healthy living, improve education, support employment and ensure safety. For more information, go to www.unitedwaymartincounty.org.
The Anti-Defamation League was founded in 1913 “to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all.” Now the nation’s premier civil rights/human relations agency, ADL fights anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry, defends democratic ideals and protects civil rights for all. To learn more, go to www.adl.org.
Mandel Public Library of West Palm Beach
Mandel Public Library of West Palm Beach reaches out to inspire, inform and create a delightful quality of life by encouraging a love of books and reading. The library provides an expanded and enhanced collection of books, music, movies and digital resources. It also serves as a community gathering and meeting space to support businesses, families, job seekers, veterans, and economic development. For more information, go to www.wpb.org/mycitylibrary.
The Jewish Federation enriches Jewish life, cares for vulnerable populations and builds global Jewish community. Jewish Federation is one of South Florida’s leading centers of Jewish education, leadership and community.
Jewish life is diverse and multi-faceted, and includes numerous partner agencies as well as other key community programs supported by Federation, local synagogues and a Jewish community day school serving our community. The Federation raises funds for the unrestricted annual campaign plus additional funds for supplemental designated gifts, and holds significant dollars in foundation assets under management.
Federation has developed a range of innovative initiatives to address the unique demographics of our community. With a large senior adult population, Federation’s “Senior Subsidy Program” helps seniors access the support services they need to remain in their own homes – Federation funds the gap between the cost of the services and the client’s ability to pay. At the other end of the age spectrum, Federation provides “Jewish Right Start” incentive grants to young families choosing Jewish early childhood programs for the first time.
Federation is celebrating its Partnersip2Gether our regional partnership “sister community” in Israel, building bridges between our communities, promoting Jewish peoplehood and establishing life-long personal connections.
Jewish Federation is a community organizing and planning organization that sustains our traditions but welcomes forward-thinking change. More information can be found at www.jewishpalmbeach.org and www.jewishboca.org.
Families First of Palm Beach County
Families First assists more than 1,000 Palm Beach County families who are struggling to provide the best possible environment for raising their children. In some cases, these families are dealing with issues of chronic illness, learning or physical disabilities, domestic violence, or substance abuse. An increasing number of the clients are adults over 40 who have unexpectedly had to assume care for a relative’s child. Additionally, Families First is conducting an extensive countywide outreach program to find and assist pregnant women who are likely at risk of HIV infection. For more information, go to www.familiesfirstpbc.org.
Organizations We Support
Our firm also proudly supports the following charities and community organizations.
- Aish Hatorah
- All in for Firefighters
- Alpert Jewish Family & Children’s Services
- American Associates Ben Gurion University
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American Cancer Society
- American Lung Association
- Anti-Defamation League
- Arthur I. Meyer Jewish Academy
- Autism Project of Palm Beach County
- Autism Speaks
- Baylor Health Care Systems Foundation
- Ben Gurion University
- Big Dog Ranch Rescue
- Boca Helping Hands
- Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce
- Boca Raton Synagogue
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County
- Chabad of West Palm Beach
- Chabad Jewish Center of Jupiter
- Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches
- Easter Seals of Florida, Inc
- Economic Council of Palm Beach County
- Education Foundation of Palm Beach County
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Families First of Palm Beach County
- FAU Foundation
- FAWL Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- FAWL South Palm Beach County Chapter
- Federal Bar Association
- Friends of 440 Scholarship Fund, Inc.
- Healthy Mothers/Healthy Babies Coalition of Palm Beach County, Inc.
- Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach
- Home Safe Foundation
- Hospice of Palm Beach County Foundation
- Jewish Community Center of the Greater Palm Beaches
- Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County
- Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County
- Junior Achievement of the Palm Beaches
- Junior League of Boca Raton
- Junior League of West Palm Beach
- Jupiter Medical Center Foundation
- Kiwanis of West Palm Beach
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, Inc.
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Levis Jewish Community Center
- Lupus Foundation of America
- Lyric Theatre
- March of Dimes
- Martin County Bar Association
- Martin County Foundation
- Northern Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce
- Norton Museum of Art
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Hispanic Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- Palm Beach County Medical Society
- Palm Beach Orthodox Synagogue
- Palm Beach Senior Softball Association
- Puerto Rican/Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Rotary Club of West Palm Beach
- Royal Palm Beach High School
- Stuart/Martin County Chamber of Commerce
- Susan B Komen Race for the Cure
- Temple Beth David
- Temple Beth Tikvah
- Temple Judea
- The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty
- The Florida Bar Foundation
- The George Washington University
- The Hope Center for Autism
- The National Foundation For Jewish Continuity, Inc.
- The Whole Child Connection, Inc.
- United Cerebral Palsy of Palm Beach & Mid-Coast Counties
- United Way of Martin County
- University of Miami School of Law
- West Boynton Little League
- West Riviera Elementary
- Women’s Foundation of PBC
- Woodstock Foundation, Inc.
- Zoe Loren Make A Difference Foundation
- Young Singers of the Palm Beaches