Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith dedicates its practice to helping individuals and families who have experienced life-changing trauma due to the careless or negligent behavior of others. The Firm does not represent corporations or insurance companies, instead dedicating all of its time and resources to helping regular people who have sustained serious injuries.
Beginning in 1927, the Firm has spent the last 95 years earning the experience, skill and reputation necessary to represent you and your family during this difficult time.
Our team of experienced trial attorneys offers personalized service and superior communication, as we guide clients through each step of the legal process. This attention to detail, along with a proven track record of success, has earned the Firm an unparalleled reputation. As a result, the Firm is able to rely solely upon referrals from satisfied clients and professionals in the community. The Firm does no formal advertising because its members truly believe that a job well-done, and a client well served, is the best way to generate new business and grow a firm.
Our Credentials and Experience
Lesser Lesser Landy & Smith have the credentials and experience to deliver exemplary results for our clients. Our skilled attorneys represent our clients from the beginning to the end of their cases, explaining the processes and working as a team to obtain the best results for their case.
Instead of flashy billboards or slick tv ads, our firm’s clients are referred to us by our current and former clients, attorneys, other professionals, and our friends in the community. We have 95 years of experience handling serious personal injury, medical malpractice, and wrongful death cases across the state of Florida. We are here to help you rebuild your life after you have suffered serious personal injury or loss of a loved one due to the negligence of another.
Our Credentials Include:
- We have over 300 years of combined experience
- Our attorneys have decades trial experience
- Our firm’s attorneys’ credentials include being “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating in ethics and legal ability
- We have obtained significant verdicts settlements that total in the hundreds of millions of dollars
- We have tried thousands of cases and are eager advocates with extensive courtroom experience
- We have firm attorneys with Board Certification in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- We have firm attorneys with Board Certification as a Specialist in Civil Trial Law by The Florida Bar
- Many of our attorneys spent years defending the insurance industry before representing the interests of the injured and their families
- Our attorneys serve on the Florida Bar Board of Governors and leadership of many other legal and non-legal organizations.
- Many of our cases are referred by other attorneys who handle other types of law or practice law in other jurisdictions.
- The firm has always received many referrals from our current and former clients, other professionals, and our friends in the community when their friends and family need a personal injury attorney
Awards and Honors
Lesser Lesser Landy & Smith also receives recognition for our integrity, ethics, client satisfaction, and leadership in the legal community. These awards recognize our Firm’s hard work as a team as well as our attorney’s individual accomplishments in personal injury and insurance law.
Our awards and honors include:
- U.S. News and World Report; Best Law Firm
- The Best Lawyers in America; Personal Injury Litigation and Insurance Law
- The Lawdragon 500; Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in America
- Florida Super Lawyers; Personal Injury Law
- Florida Trends; Legal Elite Hall of Fame
- The National Trial Lawyer; Top 100 Trial Lawyer
- Daily Business Review; Trial Lawyers Hall of Fame
- Top 10 Nursing Home Trial Association; Top 10 Nursing Home Trial Lawyer for the State of Florida
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys; 10 Best Law Firm Client Satisfaction
We have been representing injured plaintiffs and their families in and around the West Palm Beach, Stuart, and Boca areas since we opened our doors in 1927, and we understand just how difficult this process can be. Our experienced West Palm Beach Injury Lawyers will be at your side throughout the entirety of your matter, and our lawyers will be there to provide personal communication to you at every step as we guide you and your family towards recovery. Below is a brief overview of what the road to your injury recovery may entail.
Investigating the Accident
The investigation of a injury accident should ideally occur as soon as possible after the accident. Once you retain our firm’s services, we will begin investigating the facts of the accident and the resulting injuries. This can involve examining the accident scene, analyzing physical evidence related to the scene (e.g. damaged vehicles), discussing the accident with you and any eyewitnesses, and speaking with any defendants and their lawyers and insurance companies.
Building Your Injury Case
As we investigate the facts of your accident, we will begin building the legal case for why you are entitled to monetary damages. In Florida, this often requires showing that a defendant breached a legal duty owed to you by acting wrongly or failing to act. For example, motorists and boat operators have a legal duty to operate their vehicle in a reasonable manner so as to prevent injury to bystanders, passengers, and other foreseeable plaintiffs. Likewise, property owners in Florida have a duty to guests to inspect their property for potential dangers and make the property safe.
Once a legal duty and breach of that duty have been established, we will work to show that the defendant’s actions were the legal cause of your injuries. In many cases, proving causation may be straightforward, but in other cases it can be more challenging. Defendants will often to try to argue that another party caused the accident, and frequently will attempt to place blame on the plaintiff. Importantly, in Florida, even where the plaintiff may be partially at fault, the plaintiff can often recover at least a portion of the compensation owed.
Finally, our focus will be on proving the full range of your damages. As an injured plaintiff in a successful injury action, you should be entitled to recovery for all of your damages, including past and future medical bills, lost income and reduced earning potential, pain and suffering, and so on. Proving these damages in court before a jury can be challenging, but our attorneys have decades of experience in arguing for and winning the full damages owed to a plaintiff.
Settlement and Trial
Throughout the time we are investigating and building your case, our lawyers will be working to obtain recovery for you as soon as possible. In many cases, a defendant will agree to a settlement without trial based on the strength of your case. If the defendant is unwilling to provide a reasonable settlement, the case may proceed to trial, at which evidence will be presented before a judge and jury, who will make a determination regarding your claims. We have extensive courtroom experience, and will fight for every penny you are owed.