Chad C. Hastings
Chad Hastings was born in Teaneck, New Jersey and raised in Port St. Lucie, Florida, where he graduated from Port St. Lucie High School. Chad attended the University of Central Florida, where he received his B.S. in Finance in 1997. While at U.C.F., Chad was actively involved in Student Government as the Comptroller, served his fraternity Alpha Tau Omega as the Treasurer, and worked with Habitat for Humanity. Chad attended law school at the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University where he earned his J.D. in 2001.
Chad joined the firm in 2007, having previously worked at a North Miami Beach firm where he developed the firm’s personal injury department. While working in North Miami Beach, Chad had significant jury trial experience, handled many bench trials and argued cases before the First District Court of Appeal. prior to that, Chad was an associate with a prominent state wide personal injury law firm, and he represented plaintiffs in personal injury and commercial litigation cases. Chad had significant jury trial exposure and actively participated in securing significant settlements, punitive damage claims and jury awards for his clients.
Chad has brought his commitment, experience and passion for helping injured clients and their families. Since joining the firm, Chad has been inducted in to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a national forum for lawyers who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlement. Recently, Chad has also been recognized by Florida Super Lawyers in Rising Stars of Florida.
Chad is proud to have dedicated his career to helping injured clients and their families. Today, Chad continues to work hard for his clients and gives back to the community by taking leadership roles to help those in need, and consistent with the firm mission of service to our community, Chad has served as Martin County Bar Association President, Treasure Coast Justice Association President, Whole Child Connection of Martin County, and as the Board Chair of the United Way of Martin County.
Chad lives in Palm Beach Gardens with his wife Carrie Ann, his son Landon, and his daughter Alessandra.
- The Florida Bar, 2002
- The Georgia Bar, 2001
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2009
- United States District Court for the Middle of Florida, 2009
- The Martin County Bar Association: President, 2015-2016; Vice-President, 2014-2015; Treasurer, 2013-2014; Secretary, 2012-2013; Co-Chairman, Social Committee 2010-2011; Chairman, Trial Lawyers Committee, 2009-2010
- Justice Major B. Harding, American Inn of Court 2007-Present
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- Florida Justice Association
- Treasure Coast Justice Association, President 2010-2016
- Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University, J.D., 2001
- University of Central Florida, B.S., Finance, 1997
- United Way of Martin County Board Chair 2017-2018, Fundraising Chair, 2015-2016; Board Member, 2010-Present; Fundraising Cabinet Member, 2007 – Present
- LEADERship Martin County Board Member, 2017-Present
- Legal Aid of Martin County Board Member, 2017-Present
- Justice Major B. Harding American Inn of Court, Martin County, 2007-2015
- Whole Child Connection of Martin County, Board Member, 2008 – Present
- Martin County Bar Association, Secretary, 2012-2013; Co-Chairman of Social Committee, 2010; Chairman of Trial Lawyers Committee, 2009-Present
- Martin County Healthy Start Coalition, chosen for Dancing with the Stars, 2013
- Martin County Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Martin County, Class 20, 2010
- “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell. (This independent rating, determined by other lawyers and judges, is the highest possible for both legal ability and general ethical standards. The Martingale Directory was first published in 1868)
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers magazine, 2012-2018
- Florida Rising Stars, featured in Florida Super Lawyers magazine as an outstanding young lawyer in the state, 2010.
- LEADERship Martin County, 2009-2010
- United Way of Martin County “2011-2012 Employee Pillar of Character” Award
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2015-2017
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, Top 10 Attorney Award, 2013
- Treasure Coast Justice Association, The Hastings Award, for dedication to personal injury legal community, professionalism and ethics, 2017
Representative Seminars Presented:
- Building Your Civil Trial Skills, presenter for How for Avoid Common Ethical Pitfalls, National Business Institute