Chad C. Hastings
Chad Hastings was born in Teaneck, New Jersey and raised in Port St. Lucie, Florida, where he graduated from Port St. Lucie High School. Chad attended the University of Central Florida, where he received his B.S.in Finance in 1997. While at UCF, Chad was actively involved in Student Government as the Comptroller, served his fraternity Alpha Tau Omega as the Treasurer, and worked with Habitat for Humanity. Chad attended law school at the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University where he earned his J.D. in 2001.
Chad joined the Firm in 2007, having previously worked at a North Miami Beach firm where he developed the firm’s personal injury department. While working in North Miami Beach, Chad had significant jury trial experience, handled many bench trials and argued cases before the First District Court of Appeal. Prior to that, Chad was an associate with a prominent state-wide personal injury law firm, and he represented plaintiffs in personal injury and commercial litigation cases. Chad had significant jury trial exposure and actively participated in securing significant settlements, punitive damage claims and jury awards for his clients.
Chad has brought his commitment, experience, and passion for helping injured clients and their families. Since joining the Firm, Chad has been inducted into the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a national forum for lawyers who have won million and multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements. Recently, Chad has also been recognized by Florida Super Lawyers and Florida Trend Legal Elite.
Chad is proud to have dedicated his career to helping injured clients and their families. Today, Chad continues to work hard for his clients and gives back to the community by taking leadership roles to help those in need.
Consistent with the Firm’s mission of service to our community, Chad has served as Martin County Bar Association President, Treasure Coast Justice Association President, Whole Child Connection of Martin County, and as the Board Chair of the United Way of Martin County.
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (2009)
- United States District Court for the Middle of Florida (2009)
- The Florida Bar (2002)
- The Georgia Bar (2001)
- “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell for the highest level of legal ability and ethics
- U.S. News and World Report “Best Law Firm” (2013 – present)
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers magazine (2012 – 2018)
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine (2015 – 2018)
- Treasure Coast Justice Association, “The Hastings Award”, for dedication to personal injury legal community, professionalism and ethics (2017)
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, Top 10 Attorney Award (2013)
- United Way of Martin County “Employee Pillar of Character” Award (2011 – 2012)
- Florida Rising Stars, featured in Florida Super Lawyers magazine as an outstanding young lawyer in the state (2010)
- LEADERship Martin County, Class 20 (2009 – 2010)
- Florida Justice Association (2007 – Present)
- Palm Beach County Justice Association (2007 – Present)
- Justice Major B. Harding, American Inn of Court (2007 – Present)
- The Martin County Bar Association: President (2015 – 2016); Vice-President (2014 – 2015);
- Treasurer (2013 – 2014); Secretary (2012 – 2013); Co-Chairman, Social Committee (2010 – 2011);
- Chairman, Trial Lawyers Committee (2009 – 2010)
- Treasure Coast Justice Association, President (2010 – 2016)
Legal Community Involvement:
- Legal Aid of Martin County Board Member (2017 – Present)
- Whole Child Connection of Martin County, Board Member (2008 – 2015)
- Martin County Healthy Start Coalition, chosen for Dancing with the Stars (2013)
- Martin County Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Martin County, Class 20 (2010)
- LEADERship Martin County Board Member (2017 – Present)
- United Way of Martin County: Immediate Past Chair (2018 – Present); Board Chair (2017 – 2018);
- Fundraising Chair, (2015-2016); Board Member, (2010-Present); Fundraising Cabinet Member (2007 – Present)
- Building Your Civil Trial Skills, presenter for ‘How to Avoid Common Ethical Pitfalls”, National Business Institute
- Legal Responsibility for Non-Profit Boards
- Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University, J.D. (2001)
- University of Central Florida, B.S., Finance (1997)
- Lives in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida; Married to Carrie Anne; Two children: Landon and Alessandra