Gary S. Lesser
Gary S. Lesser was born in West Palm Beach. After graduating from Forest Hill High School, Gary attended George Washington University, where he graduated with a B.A. in International Affairs. Gary was named to the Dean’s List and served as President Pro Tempore of the Student Senate. He was Associate Editor of the GW Hatchet, the school newspaper, and the Editor-in-Chief of the GW Journal, a monthly political opinion commentary. Gary attended University of Miami School of Law earning his Juris Doctorate. He was a member of Bar & Gavel Society, and served as Associate Editor of the Yearbook of International Law and Editor-in-Chief of Res Ipsa Loquitur, the law school’s newspaper.
Gary is one of Florida’s leading personal injury attorneys, and he has continued the Firm’s tradition of community involvement. He serves on The Florida Bar Board of Governors, and he has also served as the Chair of the Florida Bar Professional Ethics Committee and Chair of the Advertising Committee. Gary also served as the Chair of the Palm Beach County Bar Association’s Professionalism Committee and Chair of the Medical Legal Committee for many years.
Gary has lectured at seminars all over Florida on the topics of personal injury and various ethics issues. He has been interviewed by local and national media regarding cases, important ethical/legal issues, and his service to the community.
Gary S. Lesser is the Firm’s Managing Partner and concentrates his practice in personal injury law and has handled numerous high profile cases across the State of Florida. He has handled a large number of personal injury cases over the years, including automobile injury, wrongful/accidental death, premises liability (slip and fall), negligent security, product injury and other related injury cases.
- U.S. News and World Report “Best Law Firm” (2013 – present)
- “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell for the highest level of legal ability and ethics
- Recipient of the “Jurisprudence Award” from the Anti-Defamation League (2015)
- Recipient of the Families First of Palm Beach County “Harriet Goldstein Award” (2014)
- Recipient of the AJC Global Jewish Advocacy “Judge Learned Hand Award”(2014)
- Recipient of the Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches “Small Business Person of the Year Award”(2014)
- United Way of Martin County, Character Counts “Business of the Year”(2013)
- Recipient of the University of Miami School of Law “Alumni Leadership Award” (2012)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Palm Beach County “Supporter of The Year” Award (2010)
- Recipient of the Stuart/Martin County Chamber of Commerce “Business Person of the Year Award” (2009 – 2010)
- Recipient of Jewish Federation Annual “Young Leadership Award” (2001)
- Recipient of “Israel Unity Award” State of Israel Bonds (1996)
- Florida Legal Elite/Hall of Fame by Florida Trend magazine (Only 153 of 107,000 Florida attorneys have been selected for the Hall of Fame).
- Florida Super Lawyers personal injury law
- Recipient of the Palm Beach County Bar Association “Judge Edward Rodgers Diversity Award” (2017)
Legal Community Involvement:
- American Bar Association, ABA Fellow (2016 – Present)
- The Florida Bar: Board of Governors Member (2011 – Present); Legislation Chair (2016 – Present), Professional Ethics Committee (Chair for 2003 – 2004 and Vice Chair for 2001 – 2003), Advertising Committee (Chair for 2010 – 2011 and Vice Chair for 2009 – 2010)
- Palm Beach County Bar Association: Professionalism Committee (Chair for 1999 – 2002 and Co-Chair for 1998 – 1999), Medical Legal Committee (Chair for 2005 – 2008 and 2010 – 2011)
- Florida Justice Association: Eagle Patron and former Member of the Continuing Legal Education Committee
- University of Miami School of Law Alumni Association, Former Vice President
- Economic Council of Palm Beach County, Board Member (2010 – Present) and current PAC Chair
- Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, Board Member (1995 – Present), Former Chair of Campaign Outreach, Former Chair of the Business & Professional Division, Former President of the Young Leadership Division
- Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce, Board Member (2018 – Present)
- Business Development Board of Palm Beach County, Board of Directors (2015 – Present)
- Parent Television Council, National Board Member (2014 – Present)
- Young Singers of the Palm Beaches, Board Member (2014 – Present)
- Florida Atlantic University Foundation, Board Member (2011 – 2017)
- Hillel of Palm Beach and Broward Counties, Board Member (2012 – 2015), Honorary Board (2015-Present)
- Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County, Business & Professionals (B&P) Cabinet Co-Chair (2012 – 2014)
- Trustee Member of Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce and Stuart/Martin County Chamber of Commerce; President’s Council Member of Hobe Sound Chamber of Commerce
- Arthur I. Meyer Jewish Preparatory, former Fundraising, Vice President, Legal Vice President, and on the Board for over 20 years
- Palm Beach Medical Society, Medical Services Board (2018-Present)
- Legal Ethics in Florida
- Ethics Advertising and Marketing
- Ethics: Letters of Protection
- Litigation Auto Negligence Cases: Ethics and Discovery Process
- Personal Injury: Mediation and Ethical Issues
- 10 Most Common Legal Malpractice Issues for the Auto Litigation Practitioner
- B.A. in International Affairs, George Washington University, 1989; J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1992.
- Born in West Palm Beach, Florida; Married to Jennifer since 1994; Three children, Lillian, Josie and Rebecca