Jeffrey F. Gordon
Jeffrey F. Gordon was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He attended Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Philosophy and Political Science. Jeff then attended the University of Florida School of Law earning his JD degree. While in law school, he served as chief defense counsel for the University of Florida Honor Court, was a legal research and writing teaching assistant and served as a certified legal intern with the Public Defender’s Office, where he tried numerous criminal cases. Upon graduation in 1986, he began work as a criminal defense attorney in Miami, where he received extensive trial experience.
In 1987, Jeff joined the law firm of Broad and Cassel. He became an equity partner in 1994. He served as the firm’s sole personal injury attorney, handling cases throughout Florida and in numerous other states. Jeff left Broad and Cassel after thirty years to join Lesser Lesser Landy and Smith. Jeff has been a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer since 1993.
Jeff is very active in his community. He has been a licensed foster parent since 2010 and is active with the foster care agency Kids in Distress. He has coached over fifty different youth sports teams in leagues in Boca Raton. Jeff has volunteered in various organizations in the Boca Raton community, including Del Prado Elementary School and Caring Kitchen.
Outside of work, Jeff enjoys playing basketball in several leagues and in Masters Basketball tournaments throughout the country. He is also a guitarist in a band that plays locally in Boca Raton. Since 1994, Jeff has taught as an Adjunct Professor at Florida Atlantic University, teaching at least one class per semester in Civil Litigation, Criminal Law and Personal Injury.
Jeff’s practice focuses on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. He has successfully handled numerous claims in excess of 1 million dollars. He has litigated all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims, including automobile liability, medical malpractice, premises liability and products liability. He has extensive experience in highway construction site and commercial trucking accident cases.
- The Florida Bar, 1986
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 1986
- United States District Court for the Middle of Florida, 1986
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- Florida Justice Association
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Levin College of Law, University of Florida, J.D., 1986
- Emory University, B.A., Philosophy and Political Science, 1983
- “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell. (This independent rating, determined by other lawyers and judges, is the highest possible for both legal ability and general ethical standards. The Martingale Directory was first published in 1868)
- Boca Observer, Top 10 Attorney Award, 2013
- FAU Paralegal Program, Outstanding Professor
- SABR Soccer, Coach of the Year
- Kids In Distress, Foster Parent, 2010-Present
- Foster Child Project, Volunteer Attorney, 2012-Present
- Guardian ad litem, Volunteer Attorney, 2008-Present
- Del Prado School, Student Advisory Council, 1997-2013
- Spanish River High School, Student Advisory Council, 2008-2011
- SABR Soccer, Coach and Division Representative, 1992-2012
- Boca Hoops, Coach and Board Member, 1995-2012
- Born in Philadelphia in 1961
- Married to Gay since 1985
- Four children- Adam, Adina, Jesse, Rayna