Jeffrey F. Gordon
Jeffrey F. Gordon was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He attended Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Philosophy and Political Science. Jeff then attended the University of Florida School of Law earning his J.D. degree. While in law school, he served as Chief Defense Counsel for the University of Florida Honor Court, was a legal research and writing teaching assistant and served as a certified legal intern with the Public Defender’s Office, where he tried numerous criminal cases.
Upon graduation in 1986, he began work as a criminal defense attorney in Miami, where he received extensive trial experience.
In 1987, Jeff joined the law firm of Broad and Cassel. He became an equity partner in 1994. He served as the firm’s sole personal injury attorney, handling cases throughout Florida and in numerous other states. Jeff left Broad and Cassel after thirty years to join Lesser Lesser Landy & Smith. Jeff has been a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer since 1993.
Jeff is very active in his community. He has been a licensed foster parent since 2010, serves as Chairman of the Palm Beach Advisory Group with the foster care agency Kids in Distress, and is a proud Board Member of Friends of Foster Children. He has coached over fifty different youth sports teams in leagues in Boca Raton and has volunteered in various organizations in the Boca Raton community.
Outside of work, Jeff enjoys playing basketball in several leagues and in Masters Basketball tournaments throughout the country. He is also a guitarist in a band that plays locally in Boca Raton. Since 1994, Jeff has taught as an Adjunct Professor at Florida Atlantic University, teaching at least one class per semester in Civil Litigation, Criminal Law and Personal Injury.
Jeff’s practice focuses on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. He has successfully handled numerous claims in excess of one million dollars. He has litigated all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims, including automobile liability, medical malpractice, premises liability, and products liability. He has extensive experience in highway construction site and commercial trucking accident cases.
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law (1993 – Present)
- The Florida Bar (1986)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (1986)
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida (1986)
- “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell for the highest level of legal ability and ethics
- American Board of Trial Advocates Member (ABOTA is an invitation-only group of experienced trial lawyers “who display skill, civility, and integrity”)
- Outstanding Professor, FAU Paralegal Program
- Coach of the Year, SABR Soccer
- Top 10 Attorney Award, Boca Observer (2013)
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Florida Justice Association
Legal Community Involvement:
- Florida Bar Association, Grievance Committee member (2018 – Present)
- South County Bar, Co-Chairman Civil Procedure Committee (2018 – Present)
- Kids In Distress, Palm Beach County Advisory Board- Chairman (2018 – Present)
- Friends of Foster Children, Board of Directors (2018 – Present)
- Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce, Leads Group Member (2018 – Present)
- Anti-Defamation League, Civil Rights Committee Member (2018 – Present)
- Levis Jewish Community Center, Board of Directors (2018 – Present)
- New Leaders Council Palm Beach, Advisory Board member (2018 – Present)
- Foster Advocacy Movement Board Member (2018 – Present)
- Foster Child Project, Volunteer Attorney (2012 – Present) Kids In Distress, Foster Parent (2010 – Present)
- Guardian ad litem, Volunteer Attorney (2008 – Present)
- Spanish River High School, Student Advisory Council (2008 – 2011)
- Del Prado School, Student Advisory Council (1997 – 2013)
- SABR Soccer, Coach and Division Representative (1992 – 2012)
- Boca Hoops, Coach and Board Member (1995 – 2012)
- Levin College of Law, University of Florida, JD (1986)
- Emory University, B.A., Philosophy and Political Science (1983)
- Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1961; Married to Gay since 1985; Four children: Adam, Adina, Jesse, and Rayna