Joseph H. Lesser (1899 – 1982)
Joseph H. Lesser graduated from the University of Georgia in 1917. He moved from Rome, Georgia to West Palm Beach, FL in 1925 and began selling real estate. Joe began practicing law in West Palm Beach in 1927, and the firm has continued in active practice throughout South Florida since that time. He set the Firm’s standards of professionalism and attention to client contact that are still adhered to today.
Joe quickly became very involved with numerous organizations in town. He was a founder and the first President of Temple Beth El, Palm Beach County’s first Conservative synagogue. He was the founder and one of the first Presidents of the first local B’nai B’rith chapter, and he was a regional President of and a volunteer with the Lion’s Club for most of his life. Joe was also very involved with the Salvation Army, at one point serving as General Counsel. He was recognized by a number of organizations for his communal involvement and leadership, most notably receiving the Ben Gurion award from the State Of Israel Bonds. Joe stayed very active in the community and continued to practice law until his death in 1982.
Joseph Lesser established the Firm’s beginnings, both in terms of professional service and dedication the clients’ needs, as well as setting the finest example of the importance of community service. The lawyers at Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith, PLLC have continued this tradition of service to our clients, community involvement, and dedication to professionalism.