Joshua D. Ferraro
Joshua D. Ferraro was born in Stuart, Florida, in 1979. After graduating from Martin County High School, he attended the University of Florida and earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science. Following graduation, Josh studied law at Stetson University College of Law. Josh excelled in his legal studies and was inducted into the law school’s Honors Program, maintained a class rank in the top eight percent (8%) and graduated Cum Laude.
Josh initially joined Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith in 2004, immediately after graduating from law school and passing the Florida Bar. At the time, he practiced exclusively in the areas of general personal injury and wrongful death. During his time at the Firm, Josh had the opportunity to gain a solid foundation in personal injury law while participating in several high profile cases on the Treasure Coast.
In 2007, Josh left the Firm to join his father and brothers in the Stuart-based Ferraro Law Group. During this time, he broadened his practice to include high net worth divorce litigation, probate disputes, and appellate advocacy. He also maintained a niche practice assisting other family lawyers throughout the state of Florida with the federal requirements for distributing pensions at the end of the dissolution of marriage process. Josh continues to advise family law attorneys throughout the State on the process of distributing retirement benefits in compliance with federal law.
In 2013, Josh returned to Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith in order to assist clients throughout the Treasure Coast with claims arising from personal injury and wrongful death. These claims range from motor vehicle collisions and slip and falls to claims arising from the abuse of elderly and special needs citizens. In addition to the litigation of traditional personal injury cases, Josh is the head of the firm’s Maritime & Cruise Ship Injury division representing passengers and crew members who have been injured on vacation or at sea.
Outside the practice of law, Josh contributes a substantial amount of time to working with local charitable organizations. He currently serves as the Chairman of the Children’s Services Council of Martin County, Immediate Past-President of the Martin County Police Athletic Association (P.A.L.) and Vice President of Keep Martin Beautiful. In addition to these positions, Josh has been appointed to serve on the Florida Bar Grievance Committee for the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit.
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (2005)
- The Florida Bar (2004)
- U.S. News and World Report, “Best Law Firm” (2013-present)
- Inducted into Stetson College of Law Honors Program
- The Law of Torts Book Award
- Martin County Bar Association
- Children’s Services Council of Martin County (2018 – Present)
- President of Martin County Police Athletics Association (2017 – Present)
- Vice President of Keep Martin Beautiful (2017 – Present)
- Nineteenth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee
- Connect Florida, Member Class VI (2015 – Present)
- President of Tykes & Teens Martin County (2012 – 2014)
- Enforcing Charging Liens in a Family Law Context
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders
- Dividing Retirement Benefits in Divorce
- Divorce Litigation/Retirement Benefits
- Cruise Ship Injury Litigation
- J.D. Stetson University, College of Law (2004)
- B.A. in Political Science, University of Florida (2001)
- Born in Stuart, Florida; Married to Gaby since 2007; One child: Georgie