Samuel S. Cohen
Samuel S. Cohen was born in West Palm Beach, Florida. He is the third generation of his family to be born at Good Samaritan Medical Center. He grew up in North Palm Beach, graduating from The Benjamin School, where he was a four-sport varsity letterman and a volunteer with Habitat for Humanity. Sam attended Florida Atlantic University, where he graduated with his B.A. in English with a focus on American Literature. He attended Florida Coastal School of Law, where he earned his Juris Doctorate and Environmental Law Certificate in 2012. While attending law school, Sam was involved with Jewish Law Students Association and intramural sports.
Sam started his career defending doctors and medical facilities from malpractice lawsuits, providing him with direct knowledge and experience of insurance companies’ evaluation and handling of claims. With that expertise, Sam is uniquely able to effectively and efficiently represent clients injured as a result of someone else’s negligence.
Sam is committed to the community and was appointed to the Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors by President Santo DiGangi. In his role as a Governor, Sam has participated on several committees including Access to Justice, Affiliate Awards, and Online Resources. The Board focuses its efforts on the young lawyers throughout the state and creating programing and working closely with the Board of Governors to make Florida a better state for young lawyers. He is a current Board Member for the Palm Beach County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section as well as a founding Board Member for the Young Lawyers Section of the Palm Beach County Justice Association. Through these organizations, Sam has been able to raise money and awareness for important causes like Cancer Alliance for Help and Hope (No Shave November Event), Education Advocacy Project at Legal Aid, and The AustinBlu Foundation (YLS Fishing Tournament).
Sam was chosen to be a part of the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County’s Emerging Leadership Program Cohort 7. The program takes a group of young professionals identified for their leadership skills and community engagement through an 18 month program which culminates with a mission trip abroad. Sam is co-chairing the trip to Barcelona in 2020.
Sam enjoys spending his time with his wife, Alie, traveling, kayaking, cycling, fishing, free diving, and trying new foods. They also enjoy checking out local green markets and festivals.
- The Florida Bar (2013)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (2013)
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40; Civil Plaintiff (2019)
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star; Personal Injury Law (2020)
- The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors (2019 – Present)
- Young Professional Martin County (2019- Present)
- Palm Beach County Justice Association Young Lawyers Section Board Member (2018 – 2020)
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Board Member (2014 – Present)
- Florida Justice Association, Young Lawyers Section At-Large Board Member (2015 – 2016)
- Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County’s Emerging Leadership Program Cohort 7.
- Florida Off Road Cycling Enthusiasts, Secretary (2017 – 2018)
- The AustinBlu Foundation, YLS Fishing Tournament Committee
- Cancer Alliance for Help and Hope, No Shave November Committee
- ADL Glass Leadership Institute Class of 2019
- Florida Coastal Law, Juris Doctorate (2012)
- Florida Atlantic University, B.A. English (2008)
- Born in West Palm Beach, Florida; Married to Alie since 2019