Samuel S. Cohen
Samuel S. Cohen was born in West Palm Beach, Florida. He is the third generation of his family to be born at Good Samaritan Medical Center. He grew up in North Palm Beach, graduating from The Benjamin School, where he was a four-sport varsity letterman and a volunteer with Habitat for Humanity. Sam attended Florida Atlantic University, where he graduated with his B.A. in English with a focus on American Literature. He attended Florida Coastal School of Law, where he earned his Juris Doctorate and Environmental Law Certificate in 2012. While attending law school, Sam was involved with Jewish Law Students Association and intramural sports.
Sam started his career defending doctors and medical facilities from malpractice lawsuits, providing him with direct knowledge and experience of insurance companies’ evaluation and handling of claims. With that expertise, Sam is uniquely able to effectively and efficiently represent clients injured as a result of negligence. He then joined two well-known personal injury law firms where he represented plaintiffs in personal injury cases. These experiences exposed Sam to all aspects of personal injury claims including the litigation process, trial, and negotiating settlements.
Sam continues his commitment to the community by advocating for people injured as a result of someone else’s negligence. He is a current Board Member for the Palm Beach County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section as well as a founding Board Member for the Young Lawyers Section of the Palm Beach County Justice Association. Through these organizations, Sam has been able to raise money and awareness for important causes like Cancer Alliance for Help and Hope (No Shave November Event), Education Advocacy Project at Legal Aid, and The AustinBlu Foundation (YLS Fishing Tournament). He also focuses his time with the Florida Off Road Cycling Enthusiasts as the organization’s current Secretary. Sam is a fan of the arts and is a current Young Friends of the Palm Beach Opera member and a Young Friends of the Kravis member.
- The Florida Bar (2013)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (2013)
- Palm Beach County Justice Association Young Lawyers Section Board Member (2018 – Present)
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Board Member (2014 – Present)
- Florida Justice Association, Young Lawyers Section At-Large Board Member (2015 – 2016)
- Florida Off Road Cycling Enthusiasts, Secretary (2017 – 2018)
- The AustinBlu Foundation, YLS Fishing Tournament Committee
- Cancer Alliance for Help and Hope, No Shave November Committee
- Florida Coastal Law, Juris Doctorate (2012)
- Florida Atlantic University, B.A. English (2008)
- Born in West Palm Beach, FL