Steven J. Clarfield
Steven J. Clarfield was born in Brooklyn, New York and resided in New York until moving to Boca Raton in1980. Steve graduated from Boca Raton Community High School in 1984 and then attended the University of Florida where he obtained his Bachelors of Arts in 1988. Steve went on to study law at Nova Southeastern University’s Shepard Broad College of Law and obtained his Juris Doctor in 1991. While in law school, Steve was a member of the Law Review and a judicial intern for Judge Herb Moriarty.
Steve began his career at Beverly & Freeman (later known as Beverly, Tittle & Clarfield). While at the firm,Steve handled cases involving legal ethics, appeals, and personal injury. He then went on to work for GEICO Insurance Company where he was Managing Attorney for its Palm Beach County Staff Counsel operations. As Managing Attorney, Steve’s office was responsible for the majority of GEICO’s personal injury litigation in Palm Beach County for more than a decade. Steve is proud to have received an award for most jury trials by a GEICO Managing Attorney.
Steve worked for a plaintiff’s personal injury firm before becoming a Senior Trial Attorney at Sellars, Marion & Bachi where he handled the defense of complex personal injury litigation, wrongful death, and product liability cases.
In 2008 Steve founded a solo practice focusing on litigation for insurance companies such as Progressive. Shortly thereafter, the firm expanded into commercial litigation representing mortgage loan servicing companies. The firm ultimately grew into a multi-state practice with hundreds of employees. In 2018, Steve redeemed his interests in that practice after which he obtained Florida Supreme Court Certification as a Circuit Court Mediator and he is available to conduct mediations throughout the State of Florida.
In 2019, Steve joined Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith as a Partner, working primarily out of the firm’s Boca Raton office. Steve brings extensive trial experience and a detailed understanding of how insurance companies evaluate and handle personal injury cases to the firm.
Steve is proud that his previous firm and family have been involved in many philanthropic causes, including the American Cancer Society, American Red Cross, Big Brothers/Sisters, March of Dimes, United Way, St. Jude, the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, and many others.
- The Florida Bar (1991)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Trial Lawyers Section
- Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce Trustee
- Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County
- Boca Helping Hands Job Mentor Volunteer
- Rotary Club of Boca Raton
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad College of Law, J.D. (1991)
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts (1988)
- Boca Raton Community High School (1984)
- Born in Brooklyn, New York; Married to Dana since 1990; Three children, Katie, Sara & Ben