Cruise Ship Injury Lawyer
At Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith, our cruise ship injury lawyers have the skills and legal knowledge needed to handle the full range of cruise ship accident claims. If you or your loved one was hurt while on a cruise ship, you need professional representation. For a free, strictly confidential review of your cruise ship injury claim, please call us at our Boca Raton, FL law office today.
Four Steps to Take If You Suffered an Injury on a Cruise Ship
A cruise can be a wonderful experience. Unfortunately, when an accident occurs, a cruise can also quickly turn into a nightmare. If you have suffered an injury on a commercial cruise, you need to know how to take the proper steps to protect your health, well-being, and legal rights. Four important steps you should take include:
- Get medical attention. Nothing should come before your safety. If you suffered a severe injury, you need to see a doctor. You will not be able to bring a cruise ship injury claim without medical documentation.
- Report the accident. Make sure that the cruise company is aware of the accident. Generally, passengers have an obligation to report cruise ship injuries in a timely manner.
- Avoid signing anything. Do not let the cruise company pressure you into signing any agreement or making a statement. Talk to a lawyer first. You have a right to take your time to recover.
- Call a lawyer. Do not go up against the cruise company alone. Your Boca Raton, FL cruise ship injury attorney will make sure that your legal rights and financial interests are fully protected.
You Have a Limited Amount of Time to File a Cruise Ship Injury Claim
A cruise ship injury claim is governed by maritime law. This is an important distinction because it alters your legal rights and legal responsibilities. Most notably, injured victims have less time to take action. As a general rule, you have 180 days to give a formal notice of your cruise injury claim to the cruise ship company and 365 days to file a lawsuit. If you fail to take action before the relevant deadline, your claim could be dismissed. Do not let this happen: Get help from a Florida cruise ship injury lawyer.
Compensation Available to Injured Victims
Under federal law, passengers who were injured on a cruise ship have a right to seek compensation for both economic and noneconomic damages. In practice, getting full and fair financial support can be difficult. Cruise ship companies and their insurance carriers are extremely aggressive. At Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith, our skilled Boca Raton, FL cruise ship injury lawyers know how to level the playing field. Our law firm will help you seek financial compensation for:
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Other medical expenses and hospital bills;
- Physical therapy;
- Loss of current and future income;
- Pain and suffering;
- Scarring or disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death.
Contact Our Boca Raton Cruise Ship Injury Lawyers Today
At Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith, our lawyers have extensive experience handling cruise ship injury claims. If you or your loved one was injured on a cruise ship, you need professional legal representation. To schedule a free, no obligation review of your personal injury claim, please contact our law firm right away.