Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injury claims and lawsuits are filed for a number of reasons. If you have been hurt at work or while on someone else’s property, you may have a valid claim. If you have been hurt in a car accident, you may also be able to file a claim against the negligent driver. Most personal injury claims are based on negligence, which is very difficult to prove. A personal injury lawyer can help you prove every element of your case, and give you the best chance of recovering a fair settlement.
What is Negligence?
The majority of personal injury cases in Wellington rest on the concept of negligence. The term ‘negligence’ refers to the careless or reckless actions of another person. Not all negligent actions result in an accident. When they do, however, injured individuals can file a claim against the negligent party to recover medical bills and any other loss they incurred as a result.
Types of Personal Injury Claims
Personal injury law encompasses many different types of claims. Our Wellington personal injury lawyers handle claims including:
- Car accidents: Perhaps the most common type of personal injury claim, car accidents cause very serious injuries. Florida is a no-fault auto insurance state, which means you must go through your own insurer before filing a claim against the negligent driver. If your injuries meet the state’s serious injury threshold, you can claim benefits from your insurer and file a claim against the negligent driver.
- Bicycle accidents: Bicyclists have very little protection when they are on the roads. Due to this, when there is a bicycle accident, the cyclist usually sustains some of the worst injuries.
- Boat accidents: Florida is full of beautiful waterways. Unfortunately, boating accidents are not uncommon and can result in drownings, electrocutions, and more.
- Cruise ship accidents: Florida has five ports for cruise ships, making them an essential part of the economy. Still, cruise ships are not any more immune to becoming involved in an accident than any other type of boat.
- Golf cart accidents: It is legal to drive golf carts on public roads in Florida and sometimes, drivers are as young as 14 years old. The increase of vehicles on the road combined with inexperienced drivers means more accidents on the roads.
- Medical malpractice: Doctors and other healthcare professionals sometimes make a mistake and patients become very hurt. Medical malpractice cases are much more complicated than other types of personal injury claims, so it is important to work with a Wellington personal injury lawyer.
- Wrongful death: Accidents are sometimes so severe, the victim does not survive it. In these cases, certain family members can file a wrongful death claim against the negligent party.
The above are just a few types of accident cases our Wellington personal injury cases handle, but there are many more.
Call Our Personal Injury Lawyer in Wellington Today
If you or someone you love has been hurt in an accident, our Wellington personal injury lawyers can provide the sound legal advice you need. At Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith, PLLC, our skilled attorneys can negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf so you can focus on your recovery. Call us today at 561-472-8165 or fill out our online form to schedule a free case evaluation.