Wellington Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents are the most common type of personal injury claim in Wellington, and throughout all of Florida. The no-fault auto insurance laws in the Sunshine State are beneficial to drivers, but they also cause a lot of confusion and have led many drivers to think they cannot file a personal injury claim after a crash. In many cases, this is not true. If you have been hurt, you have many options for claiming compensation. A Wellington car accident lawyer can explain what those are and give you the best chance of recovering the maximum damages you deserve.
Causes of Car Accidents in Wellington
Many drivers act negligently behind the wheel and cause an accident. The most common causes of car accidents in Wellington are as follows:
- Distracted driving: While Florida does have laws prohibiting texting and driving, not all motorists comply with these laws. Eating, drinking, grooming, loud music, and rowdy passengers are just a few other types of distractions that can cause an accident.
- Drunk driving: Drunk driving is one of the most reckless actions motorists can take and it results in thousands of injuries and fatalities every year.
- Aggressive driving: Tailgating, weaving in and out of lanes, and trying to intimidate other drivers are just some forms of aggressive driving that cause accidents.
- Violation of traffic laws: When drivers violate traffic laws, they are considered negligent per se and can be held liable for causing a crash.
- Defective vehicle parts: All manufacturers are responsible for ensuring their products are safe to use. Auto manufacturers that do not meet their duty of care in these situations may face liability if a defective auto part causes an accident.
Options for Claiming Compensation After a Car Accident
Recovering the compensation you need after a car accident is sometimes a complex process because the law has many different requirements that all depend on the facts of your case. The options for claiming compensation after a crash include:
- Personal injury protection (PIP) auto insurance: Under Florida’s no-fault auto insurance laws, you must first file a claim with your own insurer after an accident. You can file this type of claim regardless of fault, and this is always your first option for recovering compensation.
- Filing an insurance claim against the other driver: If another driver’s negligence caused your crash and you suffered an injury that meets the state’s threshold, you can file an insurance claim with the other driver’s insurer.
- Filing a lawsuit against the other driver: When your injuries are very serious, you may also be able to file a lawsuit directly against the negligent driver.
It is easy to see why so many injured individuals do not fully understand their options for claiming compensation. A Wellington car accident lawyer will not only advise on which option is right for you, but will also help you secure a fair settlement.
Trust Our Car Accident Lawyers in Wellington with Your Claim
The aftermath of a car accident is confusing, but you do not have to face it alone. At Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith, PLLC, our Wellington car accident lawyers will fully explain your options and give you the best chance of recovering the fair settlement you deserve. Call us today at 561-472-8165 or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation.